Sammy's Eggplant Salad
|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise, seeded and diced|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, diced|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded and diced|
|Spanish onion||1 Large, peeled and diced (White)|
|Lemon||1 , juice|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh garlic||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Roast the eggplants over a medium to high flame, turning frequently, until the outside is charred on all sides. The eggplant may be roasted directly on a gas burner or on a metal rack that has been placed over the burner.
2. When all the sides are evenly charred, remove the eggplants and allow them to cool.
3. Peel the eggplants, from the top to bottom, and then dice finely. Place the eggplants in a large bowl that has been rubbed with the garlic.
4. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, lemon juice, and oil. Mix well.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve at room temperature.