Jellied Cranberry Cashew Salad
|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon, unflavored|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped apples||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cashews||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Sprinkle the gelatine and cold water, keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, place the cranberries, 1 cup water and sugar, and cook until cranberry skin pops.
3) Then combine the gelatine and cranberry mixture, stir in the apples, celery and cashews.
4) In a 1-quart lightly greased mold, pour the mixture and refrigerate until firm.
5) Serve when chilled and set.