Jellied Cranberry Cashew Salad
|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon, unflavored|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped apples||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cashews||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Sprinkle the gelatine and cold water, keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, place the cranberries, 1 cup water and sugar, and cook until cranberry skin pops.
3) Then combine the gelatine and cranberry mixture, stir in the apples, celery and cashews.
4) In a 1-quart lightly greased mold, pour the mixture and refrigerate until firm.
5) Serve when chilled and set.
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.3%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 36.3 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet