Molded Crab Salad
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flaked cooked crab meat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Soak and soften gelatin in cold water.
2) Take a double boiler and combine mustard, eggs, salt, and sugar, in the top chamber.
3) Add vinegar and cream, cook over hot water until the mixture coat a silver spoon, ensure to stir constantly.
4) Add in gelatin and stir until gelatin dissolves.
5) Allow to cool and strain the custard over crab meat.
6) Take a mold and let it chill until firm.
7) Take a serving plate, unmold on crisp greens, garnish with tomato wedges, and serve.