Jellied Summer Salad
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (finely)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Soften gelatin in cold water.
2) Add hot water, salt, sugar and stir well until sugar dissolves completely.
3) Add lemon juice and vinegar.
4) Let the mixture chill until it derives the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
5) Combine cabbage, green pepper, and celery.
6) Take molds, pour the mixture in it, and let it set.
7) Unmold and pour on lettuce.
8) Serve chilled with mayonnaise.