Frozen Applesauce Salad
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained and juice reserved|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Canned applesauce||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, add together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice.
2) While stirring, gently cook till thick.
4) Add in the pineapple, carrots, walnuts, and celery.
5) Gently fold in the applesauce and sour cream.
6) Divide and transfer into two 1-quart ice cube trays or one 2-quart mold.
8) Can be stored frozen for 1 month.
9) Few minutes before serving, allow the frozen applesauce salad to thaw.
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.4 mg25.1%
Sodium 103 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet