Eggplant Tomato Pasta Salad
|Fusilli/Bow-tie pasta||1 Pound|
|Canola oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Eggplant||1 Small, diced|
|Celery stalks||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Bring some boiled water in a pot.
2. Add pasta in the water and cook as per the directions on package. Drain the pasta and rinse. After that, transfer the pasta to a bowl.
3. In the meantime, take a skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
4. Saute onions and garlic in the skillet for about 9 minutes or until browned.
5. Add eggplant, celery and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add in some tomatoes and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and add in oil, salt, vinegar, and pepper.
7. Add eggplant and tomato mixture in the pasta and sprinkle parsley on the top.
8. Toss and serve chilled.