Frise, Bacon and Hazelnut Salad
|Frisee head||1 Large|
|Rindless streaky bacon rashers||5 , smoked|
|Vinaigrette||6 Tablespoon, made with hazelnut oil|
1) Preheat a grill.
2) Into large pieces, tear the frise and put the pieces in a large salad bowl.
3) On a rack under the hot grill, grill the bacon for about 4 minutes or till it is crisp, turning as required.
4) On kitchen paper, drain the bacon and with the help of scissors, snip it into small pieces. Add the bacon pieces to the salad and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5) All over the salad, pour the dressing. Lightly toss to mix.
6) Serve immediately with crusty bread.