Frise, Bacon and Hazelnut Salad
|Frisee head||1 Large|
|Rindless streaky bacon rashers||5 , smoked|
|Vinaigrette||6 Tablespoon, made with hazelnut oil|
1) Preheat a grill.
2) Into large pieces, tear the frise and put the pieces in a large salad bowl.
3) On a rack under the hot grill, grill the bacon for about 4 minutes or till it is crisp, turning as required.
4) On kitchen paper, drain the bacon and with the help of scissors, snip it into small pieces. Add the bacon pieces to the salad and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5) All over the salad, pour the dressing. Lightly toss to mix.
6) Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 418
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.9%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71 mg23.7%
Sodium 1966.6 mg81.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 45 g89.7%
Vitamin A 108% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet