Salmon Salad Supreme
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (Large Can)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salmon||1 Pound, drained, boned and flaked (1 Can)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved (Additional Sliced Ripe Olives For Garnish)|
1) Soak 1 envelope gelatin in lemon juice.
2) Combine gelatine with 1/3 cup water and paprika and 2/3 cup evaporated milk.
3) Cook over boiling water ensuring to stir constantly until gelatin dissolves completey.
4) Combine and add salmon and celery.
5) Take 1-quart mold and pour the mixture over it.
6) Chill the mixture until firm.
7) Take the remaining gelatin and soften in 3/4 cup water and then stir in remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk.
8) Cook over boiling water until gelatin softens, be sure to stir constantly.
9) Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, and tabasco.
10) Let it chill until it gets the consistency of unbeated egg white and then add in 1/2 cup olives.
11) Spread on top of salmon layer and let it chill for 2-3 hours.
12) Take a serving platter, unmold, garnish with ripe olive slices, and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1158 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.7%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 310.8 mg103.6%
Sodium 3388.5 mg141.2%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 135 g270%
Vitamin A 53% Vitamin C 66.3%
Calcium 78.7% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet