Salmon Salad Supreme
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (Large Can)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salmon||1 Pound, drained, boned and flaked (1 Can)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved (Additional Sliced Ripe Olives For Garnish)|
1) Soak 1 envelope gelatin in lemon juice.
2) Combine gelatine with 1/3 cup water and paprika and 2/3 cup evaporated milk.
3) Cook over boiling water ensuring to stir constantly until gelatin dissolves completey.
4) Combine and add salmon and celery.
5) Take 1-quart mold and pour the mixture over it.
6) Chill the mixture until firm.
7) Take the remaining gelatin and soften in 3/4 cup water and then stir in remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk.
8) Cook over boiling water until gelatin softens, be sure to stir constantly.
9) Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, and tabasco.
10) Let it chill until it gets the consistency of unbeated egg white and then add in 1/2 cup olives.
11) Spread on top of salmon layer and let it chill for 2-3 hours.
12) Take a serving platter, unmold, garnish with ripe olive slices, and serve.