Ribbon Avocado Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
|Sieved ripe avocados||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green food coloring||2 Drop|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce, softened|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. In 1/4 cup cold water, add the 1 envelope gelatin and soften and then add 1/2 cup boiling water.
2. Add the 1 teaspoon salt, lemon juice and hot sauce and mix well and then chill until thickened.
3. Stir in avocados; add food coloring and then pour into 9 x 5 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan and chill until firm.
4. Soften 1 envelope gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water and dissolve over boiling water.
5. Combine cream cheese with milk, blending well. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Add dissolved gelatin; spread over avocado layer and then chill until firm.
7. Mix tomato juice with bay leaf, cloves, parsley, celery, remaining salt and cayenne pepper in saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and set aside
8. Soften remaining gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Add to hot tomato juice; add vinegar and onion. Chill until thickened and then pour over cheese layer. Chill until firm.
9. Garnish with tomato quarters and cream cheese and serve chilled.