Tangy Rice and Bean Salad
|Basmati wild rice mix||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Canned black beans||400 Gram, drained, rinsed (Use Pinto Or Black Eye Beans)|
|Canned sweetcorn||285 Gram, drained (Niblets Have The Crispest Texture)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||3 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar/Rice wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a sieve, rinse the rice completely till the water runs clear
2. In a separate pan, boil the rice with water for fifteen minutes till the rice grains are just tender.
3. Use a sieve to drain the cooked rice. Then rinse the rice with cool water to stop the cooking process.
4. In a serving bowl, place the cooked rice along with beans, sweet corn and spring onions.
5. Prepare the dressing by whisking honey, cumin, vinegar, and oil
6. Toss the salad with the dressing just before serving
7. Sprinkle over with coriander and serve