|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Beurre manie||2 Tablespoon (Or Use As Required)|
1. Take a bunch of celery, wash and remove all the damaged stalks. Chop every stalk into lengthwise two halves. Also, remove all green leafy tops.
2. Blanch the chopped celery in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and put them in a large size baking dish.
3. Take a pan and add some thinly sliced onion and carrots in the blanched celery.
4. Add some chicken stock along with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Cover the lid of the pan or use a foil to pack. Simmer the celery over minimum flame heat for about 40 minutes or until tender.
6. Add small pieces of beurre manie after 35 minutes of cooking in order to thicken the stock to desired consistency.
7. Sprinkled with chopped parsley and serve the cooked celery immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.9 mg24.3%
Sodium 1392.2 mg58%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.3%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 1064.4% Vitamin C 93.2%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet