Lettuce Apple and Orange Salad
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Large|
|Apples||2 , peeled, cored and cubed|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Separate the lettuce leaves and wash them well.
2. Soak lettuce in a bowl of ice-cold water for about 30 minutes.
3. Drain and pat dry on a kitchen towel.
4. Tear lettuce leaves into suitable-sized pieces.
5. In a large salad bowl add lime juice.
6. Drop, lettuce, apples and celery into it.
7. Grate orange rind to get 2 tsp and keep aside.
8. Peel oranges, get rid of pith and seeds from their segments and mix them with apples and celery.
9. Toss all the ingredients together in the salad bowl and refrigerate to chill.
10. Mix all the remaining ingredients for dressing with orange rind and whisk till well amalgamated.
11. Sprinkle dressing over salad about 5 minutes before serving and toss till well coated.