Hot and Savory Potato Salad
|Baking potatoes||4 Medium|
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Reserve 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pierce the potatoes with a fork at each end after washing them.
2. Place on a plate lined with paper towels.
3. Microwave at Power Hi for 12 to 16 minutes, or until cooked, turning once during the cooking cycle.
4. Let it cool for 1 hour.
5. After peeling the potatoes and slice into 1/8-inch thick slices.
6. Take a 2-quart casserole, mix bacon, vegetable oil and onion.
7. Microwave at Power Hi for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onions are translucent, stirring after every 2 minutes.
8. Add celery, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper.
9. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
10. Microwave at Power Hi for 2 minutes.
11. Add sliced potatoes.
12. Toss gently to coat.
13. Microwave at Power 6 for 4 to 5 minutes, or until potatoes are warm, stirring once during cooking cycle.
14. Season with remaining salt and white pepper.
15. Add chopped parsley and stir gently.
16. Serve immediately.
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 541 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet