Hot and Savory Potato Salad
|Baking potatoes||4 Medium|
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Reserve 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pierce the potatoes with a fork at each end after washing them.
2. Place on a plate lined with paper towels.
3. Microwave at Power Hi for 12 to 16 minutes, or until cooked, turning once during the cooking cycle.
4. Let it cool for 1 hour.
5. After peeling the potatoes and slice into 1/8-inch thick slices.
6. Take a 2-quart casserole, mix bacon, vegetable oil and onion.
7. Microwave at Power Hi for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onions are translucent, stirring after every 2 minutes.
8. Add celery, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper.
9. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
10. Microwave at Power Hi for 2 minutes.
11. Add sliced potatoes.
12. Toss gently to coat.
13. Microwave at Power 6 for 4 to 5 minutes, or until potatoes are warm, stirring once during cooking cycle.
14. Season with remaining salt and white pepper.
15. Add chopped parsley and stir gently.
16. Serve immediately.