Fennel And Lemon Salad
|Fennel root||1 Large, cut into thin matchsticks|
|Lemon||4 Ounce, seeded (1 Piece)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream/Tinned cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Cover fennel with ice-cold water and keep aside until crisp.
2) On a kitchen towel or paper, dry the fennel after draining the excess water.
3) Slice lemon rind into thin strips and remove pith from rest of lemon.
4) Cut flesh into thin slices and then into four pieces.
5) In a salad bowl, mix together lemon juice, oil, cream, sugar, salt and pepper.
6) Stir in fennel, parsley, lemon flesh and peel, tossing well to mix.
7) Serve at once.