Mixed Green Salad With Olive
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Small|
|Boston head/Small red leaf lettuce head||1|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Pitted black olives||12|
|Fruity olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped coriander||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Wash and pat dry greens with paper towels. Discard bruised and discolored leaves.
2) Trim stalks of watercress and discard. Chop the greens into bite sized pieces and put aside.
3) Peel and chop onions into 1/8 inch slices. Drain olives and keep aside.
4) In a large bowl, place the chopped greens and onions. Stir in olives and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap.
5) Place in the refrigerator until serving time.
6) In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for dressing - oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend well and put aside until ready to serve.
7) Stir the dressing and combine it with the salad. Toss well and garnish with coriander.