Rice Salad Primavera
|Long rice grain||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cubed cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Cherry tomatoes||15 , halved|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , halved, seeded, cut into strips|
|Sweet green pepper||1 , halved, seeded, cut into strips|
|Green onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon leaf||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Cook the rice as per the directions on the package and allow to cool.
2) Rinse and break the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
3) In a large saucepan, cook the broccoli in the boiling salted water until just tender and drain well.
4) Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 4-7 minutes.
5) Snip off the snow peas tips and remove the strings.
6) In a large salad bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients and gently toss together.
7) In a screw-top jar, add the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper, cover and shake well to mix.
8) Pour the liquid over the rice mixture, toss well to coat and chill.
9) Serve in a nice plate.