|Herring/2 five-ounce jars bismarck herring||1|
|Boiled potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Cooked beets||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peeled and diced apples||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Gherkin pickles||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , sliced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
1) Place the herring in cold water overnight, drain well and chop the herring.
2) Gently mix the herring, potatoes, apples, gherkin, beet, and onion together.
3) Blend the water, sugar, vinegar and pepper together, then stir into the herring mixture.
4) Stir in the whipped cream, mix well.
5) In a cold mold, press the mixture and place in the refrigerator.
6) Remove and unmold the salad in a nice plate.
6) Garnish with the sliced hard-cooked eggs and chopped parsley and serve immediately.