Plentiful P'S Salad
|Black eyed peas||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Rotini pasta||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Provolone cheese slice||4 , chopped|
|Salami slices/Pepperoni slice||4 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Chopped pimientos||2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Italian salad dressing mix||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan bring the peas to a boil in water or stock over high heat.
2. Lower the heat, cover, let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes such that the peas are soft when pierced using fork, drain and keep aside.
3. In a pan cook the rotini as per package directions to get al dente, drain and keep aside.
4. In a large bowl combine peas, pasta, bell peppers, chopped onion, provolone cheese, salami, mushrooms, pimientos and parsley and keep aside.
5. In a small bowl combine salad dressing mix, salt, black pepper, vinegar, sugar and oil mix well.
6. To the pea mixture add oil and toss lightly to combine well.
7. Serve after refrigerating for at least 2 hours with cover with optional garnish.