Celeriac and Carrot Salad
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil/Tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
1. With a knife, peel the thick brown skin of celeriac. Using a medium size grater or a food processor fitted with julienne blade, grate the celeriac.
2. Take a small bowl and prepare a mixture of mayonnaise with lemon juice, mustard, basil, pepper and salt.
3. Add a portion of mayonnaise mixture to parsley and grated celeriac and toss to coat lightly and hold well.
4. Add carrots to rest of the mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat lightly.
5. Take a serving platter or individual salad plates, arrange both the mixtures in an attractive way beside each other.
6. Serve immediately.