Fresh Caesar Salad
|Cos lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), separated|
|Anchovies||2 Ounce, drained (50 Gram , 1 Can)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, melted (75 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, finley grated|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Prepare the dressing first. In a small bowl, put the mayonnaise and stir in just enough of the measured water to make a thin sauce which is easy to pour. Crush the garlic to a paste along with some coarse sea salt. Add to the mayonnaise along with the Parmesan. Stir properly. If required, use some more water to thin the dressing so that the sauce continues to remain easy to pour. Add pepper to taste and keep the dressing aside.
3) Into large pieces, tear the lettuce leaves and put them in a large, shallow salad bowl. Snip the anchovies into small pieces. Scatter all over the lettuce.
4) To prepare the croutons, cut the bread into slices measuring about 1 ¼-inch. Cut off the crusts and throw them away. Into the melted butter, dip a pastry brush and butter the bread slices very lightly on all sides. Cut the bread into cubes measuring 1 ¼-inch.
5) In a single layer, arrange the bread cubes on a large baking sheet greased with some butter. Place in preheated oven and cook for about 12 minutes, till the bread is crisp and deep golden in color. Towards the end of the cooking time, carefully watch the croutons as they have the tendency to brown very quickly.
6) Serve immediately after tipping the hot croutons into the salad and drizzling with the dressing. Sprinkle grated Parmesan all over the salad.