Dill Rice with Corn Salad
|Corn salad||3⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic/1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic leaves||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dill leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finley crumbled|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1. Lightly wash Corn salad leaves and get rid of the excess water by shaking it vigorously . Don’t allow it go dry.
2. Chop the tough stalks and chop its leaves.
3. Take a small skillet and add olive oil into it- fry the minced corn salad and chopped garlic leaves or minced garlic nicely.
4. Add vinegar, dill, ¼ tsp salt, and few grindings and stir them well. Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes over the medium heat. Continue to stir the mixture at throughout the cooking period. The excess liquid evaporates and the thick mixture leaveds behind.
5. Boil the water in a saucepan and add ¼ tsp salt into it.
6. Add the rice , and cook it over low heat for about 25 minutes until it is cooked properly.
7. Mix corn salad with cooked salad and blend them well using two spatulas or spoons. Toss them lightly to blend well. Cook the mixture over low heat for about 4- 5 minutes.
8. Blend the two cheeses by tossing them lightly.
9. Spread the green rice on a platter.
11. Serve after sprinkling with cheese mixture over it.