Orange and Olive Salad
|Pimiento stuffed olives||4 3⁄4 Ounce, stuffed|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Wash and peel oranges and remove the white pith. Slice crosswise into 1/2 inch thick.
2) Wash lemons and cut in halves. Squeeze the juice out to measure about 1/2 cup.
3) Thoroughly wash coriander and pat dry with paper towels. Reserving 4 sprigs for garnishing, chop the remaining to measure about 1/2 cup.
4) Place the orange slices on a serving platter. Arrange in the overlapping pattern.
5) In a clean bowl, combine chopped olives, olive oil, lemon juice, chopped coriander, and cumin. Blend well to make a sauce.
6) Spread the sauce over the oranges and cover the oranges with a plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator until serving time.
7) Serve cold, garnished with coriander sprigs.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 746.9 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 207.3%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet