|Ripe red tomatoes||1 Kilogram, chopped|
|Boneless mutton||250 Gram, cubed|
|Ginger||1 , julienned|
|Hard boiled eggs||2|
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pickled gherkins||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Cucumber||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onions spring||3 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
1. In a pan bring water to a boil and plunge in tomatoes, allowing them to blanch for about 5 minutes until soft.
2. Drain, refesh and cool. and press through a strainer.
3. Press softened tomatoes through a fine mesh strainer, collecting the pulp and juice in a bowl and discarding residue.
4. In a large saucepan combine mutton, stock, ginger and star anise and simmer over moderate heat till mutton is tender.
5. Use a slotted spoon to remove ginger and star anise and discard.
6. Blend in pureed tomatoes into the broth and allow to cool.
7. Place in the refrigerator until stock is chilled.
8. In the mean time, divide yolks and whites of hard-boiled eggs, placing yolks in a bowl and and chopping the whites into thin slivers.
9. Prepare a paste of hard-boiled egg yolks, mustard, lime juice, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
10. Stir this into chilled soup with prepared vegetables and chopped egg whites.
11. Taste and alter the seasoning, if desired.
12. Return to the refrigerator until required.
13. Serve the soup in chilled soup bowls.