Salad Nicoise With Chives
|Romaine lettuce/Boston lettuce||1|
|Potatoes||4 , peeled|
|Vinaigrette dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Snipped chives||To Taste|
|Green beans/Fresh asparagus if available||8 Ounce|
|White tuna||14 Ounce, drained|
|Dill||To Taste, chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large|
|Basil||To Taste, chopped|
|White onion/Red onion||1 Small, cut into thin slices|
|Anchovy fillets||12 Ounce, drained (60 Gram)|
|Black olives||12 , pitted|
1. Take a plastic bag, layer with moistened paper towel, arrange washed lettuce leaves, seal and place in the refrigerator.
2. Add peeled potatoes to boiling water along with a fresh mint sprig and cook. Allow to cool slightly and cut into ¼ thick round slices. Add a little vinaigrette dressing to sliced potatoes and toss for even coating. Sprinkle snipped chives and allow to refrigerate till required.
3. Add green beans to boiling water and cook till they turn crispy tender. Immerse in cold water, drain the beans and pat to dry well. Add a little vinaigrette and toss well. Allow to refrigerate.
4. Add eggs to simmering water and hard boil them. Place under cold water and dry them. Refrigerate till used,
5. Before serving, make coarse chunks of the tuna and top with chopped fresh dill.
6. Quarter the tomatoes, sprinkle a little vinaigrette and chopped fresh basil. Take the eggs out, quarter them and keep aside.
7. Take a large oval serving platter, cover the bottom with lettuce leaves, Arrange lemon slices on the center, topped with tuna chunks. Place green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, sliced eggs, onions and pepper as rows on the top of rest of the lettuce.
8. Use anchovy crisscrosses, caper and black olives, allow more vinaigrette to drizzle on the top and serve immediately.