Bacon with Potato Salad
|Chopped bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a baking dish, arrange cleaned potatoes and cook for about 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
2. Remove the potato, cool and cut into slices.
3. Add bacon to the baking dish and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Mix onion with bacon fat and cook for about 2 minutes more.
5. Stir in salt and sugar and mix thoroughly.
6. Slowly add vinegar, stirring continuously and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Mix in celery seeds and slice potatoes carefully.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.9 mg7%
Sodium 3198.2 mg133.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 71.3%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet