Roasted Pepper Salad
|Green peppers||2 Large|
|Sweet red peppers||2 Large|
|Sweet yellow peppers||2 Large|
|Snipped fresh basil/2 to 4 teaspoons dried basil, crushed||4 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
1) Set the broiler to preheat.
2) In a small bowl, prepare dressing by combining basil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour in olive oil in a steady stream and keep on whisking.
3) On a broiler pan place the peppers at 4 inches from heat.
4) Broil the peppers to char on all the sides.
5) Place the peppers inside a plastic or paper bag.
6) Seal the opening of the bag and allow sitting for 10 minutes.
7) Peel the peppers and deseed.
8) Cut out 1/4-inch-wide strips from the peppers.
9) In a medium bowl, arrange the strips.
10) Spread the dressing on top and stir properly.
11) Allow this to stand for at least an hour.
12) Line a platter with lettuce leaves to arrange the peppers on top for serving.
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 70.9 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 45.7% Vitamin C 317.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet