Peach And Chicken Salad
|Ripe peaches/16-ounce can peach halves||3 Large, skinned|
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cooked|
|Cooked brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Lettuce leaves||4 (For Serving)|
|Peach chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Clean the chicken by removing the chicken flesh from the bones. Dispose the skin and cut all the meat neatly into bite-sized pieces.
2) In a bowl, combine together the cooked brown rice, chicken pieces, golden raisins, orange peel and red pepper. Season to taste with salt and peer and stir the mixture properly. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3) Make the dressing while the chicken mixture is chilling by processing all the ingredients in a blender for some seconds till they are smooth. Cover and set the dressing aside.
4) Dice a single peach and stir it into the rice and chicken mix. Cut the remaining peaches evenly into neat slices.
5) On a serving dish, arrange the lettuce leaves and spoon the chicken and rice mix into the center. Pour the salad dressing, garnish with peaches and serve immediately.