Grapefruit Salad Mold
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned grapefruit juice||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), divided|
|Grapefruit sections||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Divide the cream cheese into 8 small balls and chill it.
2. Take a saucepan and combine sugar, gelatin, and salt in it.
3. Fold in one cup of grapefruit juice and heat it over the medium heat, until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Ensure that the mixture is stirred at regular intervals.
4. When done remove from heat and fold in remaining 2 1/2 cups grapefruit juice. Blend well and chill the mixture.
5. Decorate the 5-cup ring mold by arrange few grapefruit sections, cream cheese balls and pieces of pimiento over it.
6. Add chilled gelatin to the ring mold and chill it until the mixture gets firm.
7. Allow the other half of gelatin to attain a consistency of unbeaten egg white by chilling it.
8. Add 1 1/2 cups grapefruit sections and remaining pimiento.
9. Add the mixture to the mold and chill until it gets firm.
10. Serve after unmolding and filling the center with salad greens, grapefruit sections and cream cheese balls.