Summer Corn Salad
|Corn/20 ounce packages frozen whole kernel corn||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1|
1) In a small bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, dry mustard, celery seed, and pepper to combine.
2) In a 2-quart saucepan, boil small amount of water and cook the corn by putting a cover for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
3) Drain excess water and set aside to cool.
4) In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, onion, green pepper, and corn.
5) Spread the dressing on top of corn mixture.
6) Cover with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill for overnight.
7) Lightly toss the salad before serving. Add assorted mixed greens and sweet red pepper hearts to each serving of salad.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg5.1%
Sodium 412 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 71.6%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet