Summer Corn Salad
|Corn/20 ounce packages frozen whole kernel corn||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1|
1) In a small bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, dry mustard, celery seed, and pepper to combine.
2) In a 2-quart saucepan, boil small amount of water and cook the corn by putting a cover for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
3) Drain excess water and set aside to cool.
4) In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, onion, green pepper, and corn.
5) Spread the dressing on top of corn mixture.
6) Cover with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill for overnight.
7) Lightly toss the salad before serving. Add assorted mixed greens and sweet red pepper hearts to each serving of salad.