Summer Salad With Watercress Dressing
|New potatoes||550 Gram, scrubbed|
|Shelled broad beans||200 Gram|
|Fresh asparagus||200 Gram|
|Prosciutto||90 Gram, sliced into ribbons|
|Fresh watercress||50 Gram, roughly chopped|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Pinch|
|Mixed salad leaves||125 Gram (1 Bag)|
|Pecorino cheese||100 Gram, shaved|
1. Boil potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain in a colander and allow to cool slightly
3. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato into half.
4. Drop beans and asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes.
5. Drain in colander and peel skin of beans. Keep aside.
6. In the same boiling water, boil the peas for 1 minute.
7. Drain and refresh.
8. In a large salad bowl, toss all vegetables and ham.
9. In a food processor, combine watercress, oil, vinegar and sugar
10. Pulse until pureed and well blended.
11. Adjust the seasoning.
12. Toss salad leaves in a little dressing to coat well.
13. Divide between 4 plates.
14. Mound the tossed salad over the bed of lettuce.
15. Drizzle remaining dressing
16. Garnish with cheese.
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg8.3%
Sodium 1053.3 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet