Watercress And Spinach Salad With Apples And Almonds
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Light olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Watercress||2 Cup (32 tbs), tough stems removed|
|Torn spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Torn romaine lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tart green apples||2 Large, cored and thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted|
1) In a salad bowl, combine lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, and sugar.
2) Steadily pour in olive oil and whisk the mixture thoroughly.
3) In the same bowl, add watercress, spinach, and romaine.
4) Place apple slices and onion on top of the salad.
5) Sprinkle with almonds and toss well.
6) Season the salad with freshly ground black pepper before serving.