Three O Salad
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Torn leaf lettuce||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 Small, peeled and sectioned|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 Small, sliced and separated into rings|
|Crumbled blue cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
1) In a small bowl, prepare dressing by combining red wine vinegar, mustard, pepper, and salt.
2) Steadily add olive oil to this mixture and continue whisking.
3) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
4) In a large salad bowl, place lettuce, oranges, basil, olives, onion, blue cheese, and pine nuts. Toss well.
5) Pour in the dressing on top and again toss lightly.
6) Serve the salad by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper and adding more dressing, if required.