Dalia Ceja spices up a traditional potato salad with chipotle chiles and longaniza. Suggested Wine Pairing: Ceja Vineyards Carneros Chardonnay
Spicy Chipotle Potato Salad
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (No Mayonnaise)
15 Small, cut into 1 inch cubes after boiled
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Canned chipotle chiles and extra juice
Chopped red onion
Freshly ground pepper
Hard boiled eggs
5 , cut into cubes
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)
1. Fill a pot with water, add salt and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until tender for about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Boil eggs for 5-7 minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cool, cube eggs and remove half of the yolk then set aside.
3. In a sauté pan, cut the longaniza link until it's nice and crumbled. Cook until tender yet crispy on the edges. Once it's done cooking, place longaniza on top of paper napkins and set aside.
4. Finely chop onion, chipotle chiles, jalapenos, celery, and place into separate bowls.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, red onions, chorizo, jalapeños and ground pepper & salt. Mix ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
6. Add the potatoes and the eggs into the mixture. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
7. Enjoy with a glass of Ceja Chardonnay!