Garden Glory Salad
|Broccoli||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Cauliflower head||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Fresh asparagus||1 Pound|
|Green leaf lettuce/Red leaf lettuce / combination of both||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into rings|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut into long strips|
|Red onion||1 Small, cut into rings|
|Avocado||1 , peeled, seeded, and sliced|
|Crumbled blue cheese/Crumbled feta||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , sliced|
|Canned pitted ripe olives||16 Ounce, drained (Use Large Sized From 1 Can)|
|Bottled italian salad dressing||16 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
1) Cut medium sized flowerets from the broccoli and cauliflower.
2) In a saucepan, boil small amount water for 5 minutes to cook the flowerets and asparagus, until the vegetables crisp and tender.
3) Drain the water and place inside refrigerator to chill.
4) Use a large platter to line with leaf lettuce.
5) Arrange the cooked vegetables on the lettuce at the beginning and then place other vegetables on top to develop a large mound.
6) Sprinkle cheese on top and garnish with egg slices and olives.
7) Spread half part of salad dressing on top.
8) Allow standing for 10 minutes.
9) With tongs place the salad on individual plate and serve additional dressing on side.