Gringo Chicken Salad
|Chopped cooked chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cup)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet red pepper/Chopped sweet green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dairy Cream)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Avocados||2 Medium, seeded, peeled, and sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Corn chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a small bowl, add together mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, basil, salt, and pepper to combine all together.
2) In a large bowl, mix chicken, cheese, kidney beans, onion, olives, and red pepper.
3) Add the liquid mixture and stir well to evenly coat the chicken.
4) Cover with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill down.
5) On a serving platter, prepare a bed of shredded lettuce. Serve the salad over the lettuce and garnish with aavocado slices, chopped tomato, and corn chips.