Duck Watermelon and Herb Salad with Roast Cashews
|Duck breasts||4 Medium, skin on|
|Cos lettuce/Ruby gem lettuces||2|
|Radishes||150 Gram, thinly sliced (From A Bag)|
|Spring onions||3 , cut into long strips|
|Pink grapefruit||2 , segmented|
|Watermelon||14 Ounce, cut into thumb-size chunks (400 Gram)|
|Thai basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Good Handful)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Good Handful)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Good Handful)|
|Roasted salted cashews||100 Gram, roughly chopped|
|For the dressing|
|Birds eye chilies||2 , deseeded and chopped (Use 1 Red And 1 Green)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Light muscovado sugar/Palm sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Tamarind paste||1 Tablespoon|
1) Score the duck breasts on a board, season the skin well with the salt and pepper.
2) In a solid heavy-based cold pan, lay the duck, with the skin-side down and place the pan over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes until the skin is brown and crisp.
3) Spoon off the excess fat, then season the flesh side, then turn the duck over. Cook for 2 minutes, then on a high temperature for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and rest the pan for 5 minutes.
4) In a small food processor, add all the dressing ingredient and process.
5) On a large serving plate arrange the lettuce leaves.
6) Slice the duck thinly, toss with the radishes, spring onions, grapefruit, watermelon, herbs and a little dressing. Then spoon over the leaves.
7) Garnish with the chopped nuts, drizzle over a little dressing and serve immediately.
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.9 mg21.3%
Sodium 753.1 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.4%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 25 g49.9%
Vitamin A 273.2% Vitamin C 179.3%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 42.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet