Warm Chicken And Avocado Salad
|Sunflower seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Skinless chicken breasts||4 , each sliced into 8 pieces|
|Fine green beans||175 Gram, trimmed|
|Blue cheese||25 Gram|
|Low fat fromage frais||100 Gram|
|Semi skimmed milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Romaine lettuce||1 , trimmed and roughly sliced|
|Radishes||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and sliced|
|Ripe avocado||1 Small, stoned, peeled and sliced|
1. In a nonstick pan, broil the sunflower seeds over a high flame for 1-2 minutes until well toasted.
2. Tip them into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over a high flame.
4. Add the chicken and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes until evenly browned and tender.
5. Take pan off the heat and set aside.
6. In a saucepan, boil water and blanch the green beans for 4 minutes until tender-crisp.
7. Drain in a colander and refresh under cold water.
8. To make the dressing, crumble the blue cheese in a bowl.
9. Combine cheese with fromage frais and milk and whisk into a smooth consistency sauce.
10. Season it with black pepper to taste.
11. In a large salad bowl, toss all the vegetables, chicken, beans and sunflower seeds.
12. Divide on 4 plates
13. Pour the dressing over the salad.
14. Serve warm.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.4 mg34.8%
Sodium 219.4 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 46 g92.6%
Vitamin A 126% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet