Lamb Chops with Mango Cucumber Salad
|Diced seedless cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mango||1⁄2 Small, peeled and diced to make about 1/3 cup|
|Chopped mint||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chopped sweet white onion||1 Tablespoon (Like Vidalia)|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Baby rib lamb chops||11 Ounce, trimmed (About 3 Chops)|
1. Mix cucumber, mango, 1 tablespoon of the mint, onion, lime juice, 1 teaspoon of the oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a bowl. Cover and let stand while you prepare the lamb.
2. Sprinkle lamb chops with remaining 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
3. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add remaining teaspoon oil, or lightly brush a grill pan with oil and heat 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
4. Add chops to pan and cook, turning once, until done to taste, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium. Cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
5. Transfer chops to a plate and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon mint. Serve with salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1094 Calories from Fat 741
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.3%
Saturated Fat 31.5 g157.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.6 mg79.5%
Sodium 1085.6 mg45.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 56 g112%
Vitamin A 47% Vitamin C 86.1%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet