Summer Apple Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon (3 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||2 Large, unpeeled and finely chopped to make about 2 1/2 cups|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In cold water, soften the gelatin and stir properly.
2) Add salt and sugar to the softened gelatin and add boiling water gradually, stirring constantly till the gelatin has dissolved.
3) Add the vinegar and lime juice.
4) Chill the mixture till it has reached the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
5) Fold chilled mixture in apple, onion and green apple.
Spoon the concoction into 12 individual molds. Chill till the mixture has set.
6) On a lettuce lined plate, unmold the salad. If desired, garnish with apple wedges.
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.45 g0.69%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 264.6 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 215.4% Vitamin C 107.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet