Chicken and Avocado Salad
|Anchovy fillets||8 , soaked in milk, rinsed and dried|
|Green onion||1 , chopped (Scallion)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Boston lettuce/Iceberg lettuce||1 Large|
|Cooked chicken||1 Pound|
|Avocado||1 , peeled, cubed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a food processor, combine together all the ingredients, except for the chicken, avocado and lettuce. Blend till the ingredients are smooth and well mixed. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 60 minutes so that the flavours can blend.
2) Tear the lettuce neatly into bite-sized pieces or shred it. Arrange on plates.
3) Top lettuce with the cooked chicken which has either been cubed or cut into strips.
4) Over the chicken, spoon the dressing.
5) Serve immediately after garnishing with avocado cubes which have been tossed with lemon juice. Remaining dressing, if any, can be served on the side.