Grapefruit Combo Salad
|Grapefruit||3 Large, peeled and sectioned|
|Oranges||3 Large, peeled and sectioned|
|Cucumbers||2 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Apple||1 , cored and diced|
|Miniature marshmallows||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Mix together the first 6 ingredients and keep aside.
2) Make a mixture of sugar, orange juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Use a wire whisk to mix them lightly.
3) Spoon the juice mixture over fruit, tossing gently.
4) Chill covered for 2 to 3 hours.
5) Drain the salad and if desired, arrange in a lettuce-lined bowl.
6) Serve at once.