Turkey Salad with Yogurt and Buttermilk Dressing
|Cooked turkey breast meat||1 Pound, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch cubes to 2 1/4 cups|
|Small new potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Medium mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded, deribbed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Watercress leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bibb lettuce head||1 , washed and trimmed|
|Cucumber||1 Small, sliced|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|For yogurt and buttermilk dressing|
|Scallion||1 , chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper sauce||4 Drop|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain, cool slightly and dice the unskinned potatoes into ¾ inch cubes.
3. Set aside, keeping warm.
4. In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat,
5. Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
6. Add the mushrooms to the oil and sauté for 1-2 minute. Season with salt.
7. Add the green pepper and the wine and continue sautéing for 5 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated.
8. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, warm diced potatoes, watercress and scallions.
9. Add the mushroom mixture and toss lightly to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
10. To make the dressing, use an empty preserve jar with a tight-fitting lid.
11. Combine all the dressing ingredients in the jar, screw on the lid and shake until well blended.
12. Pour the dressing over the turkey salad and toss lightly using two serving spoons
13. On a bed of lettuce mound a generous portion of the salad on each serving plate.
14. Garnish the salad with slices of tomato, cucumber and red onion. Serve immediately.