Shrimp and Rice Salad
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Unpeeled medium shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Crab boil mix||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Commercial french dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper rings||4|
|Russian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a saucepan and boil water in it. Add crab-boil mix and shrimp to it and boil it for some time. Simmer the crab boil and shrimp mix for some time till it is cooked perfectly.
2. Drain excess water and wash the cooked shrimp and crab mix in cold water.
3. Clean the shrimp by peeling and deveining its outer shell. And set it aside.
4. Blend the rice mixture and French dressing in a bowl and allow it to marinate for an hour or 30-45 minutes.
5. Add celery and cleaned shrimps to the rice mixture and blend them well.
6. Chill the salad in refrigerator for about an hour or two.
7. Serve this salad on bed of lettuce leaves complete with a garnishing of olives, green pepper and tomatoes.
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.5 mg86.2%
Sodium 608.2 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 39 g77.6%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet