James Martin Rosemary Chargrilled Pork Chops With Warm Salsify & Borlotti Bean Salad
|Pork loin chops||4 Large (Bone In)|
|Finely chopped rosemary||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salsify stick||6 , peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal|
|Canned borlotti beans||400 Gram, drained, rinsed|
|Baby spinach leaves||100 Gram|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||4 , finely sliced into rings|
|Rocket leaves||100 Gram|
1. Place chops into a shallow dish. Add rosemary, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and some pepper, stir well. Marinate in fridge for at least 1 hr.
2. Remove chops and allow to return to room temperature. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and heat a griddle pan until hot. Remove chops from marinade, shaking off any excess, then place on the griddle and hold them skin-edge down with a pair of tongs. Cook like this for a couple of mins before turning onto the meat side. Cook for 3-4 mins both sides.
3. Transfer chops to a baking sheet and finish in the oven for 10-15 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to rest in a warm place.
4. For the salad, heat the olive oi in a frying pan, add salsify. Stir-fry until golden brown. Add the beans and stir until warmed through. Add the spinach and cook until just beginning to wilt. Meanwhile, coombine cider, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oi and seasoning. Add the shallot rings and stir to coat.
5. Place salsify and bean mixture into a bowl with the rocket, pour over the dressing. Stir well. To serve, divide the salad among plates and top with a pork chop.