Ruby Beet Salad Mold
|Canned diced beets||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Unflavored gelatin envelope||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold beet juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beet juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Made Hot)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Strain off the beets and store the liquid.
2) In a small bowl, combine gelatine in the cold beet juice to soften.
3) In a skillet, heat ½ cup of beet juice.
4) Heat 1/2 cup of the beet juice.
5) Add beets, sugar, salt, vinegar or lemon juice, horse-radish, onion, celery and green pepper.
6) Pour into a lightly oiled mold.
7) Place inside refrigerator to chill down.
8) Serve after unmolding and garnish on bed greens.