Gourmet Chicken Salad
|Lean pork||3 Pound|
|Hard cooked eggs||12 , chopped|
|Celery||2 Pound, chopped (2 Bunches)|
|Sweet pickles||12 , chopped|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound (Optional)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lemon)|
1) Put chicken and pork together in boiling water and cook till the meats are tender.
2) Drain the water and allow meats to cool. Remove all bones and clean the chicken.
3) Place the chicken and pork in a large bowl after the meats have been properly ground.
4) Add the chopped eggs, celery, pickles and almond in the bowl and mix.
5) In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks till they are thickened. Add salt and sugar.
6) In top of a double boiler, mix the butter, flour and pepper together and add the thickened egg mixture. Mix well.
7) Place the mixture over hot water, cook it till it is hot. Combine vinegar and mustard in a cup and stir into the mixture. Cook till the concoction is thick.
8) Beat the mixture well after removing it from the hot water.
9) Add lemon juice to the mixture after it has cooled.
10) Combine with the chicken mixture and thoroughly mix them together.
11) Serve at room temperature.