Chicken Salad Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Stuffed olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finley chopped|
|Baked 9 inch pastry shell||1|
1) In a small saucepan, mix gelatin with water to soften it.
2) Put bouillon cubes to the gelatin mixture.
3) Cook the mixture over low heat with constant stirring.
4) Allow the bouillon cubes to dissolve completely.
5) In a bowl, mix together sour cream, dillweed, lemon juice, hot sauce, mayonnaise and salt.
6) Now, stir in the gelatin mixture to the sour cream mixture slowly.
7) Add 3/4 cup of olives, celery, chicken and onion to the mixture and combine thoroughly.
8) Chill the final mixture until it is thick enough to slightly mound.
9) Next, add spoonfuls of the mixture into the pastry shell.
10) Chill the pastries until.
11) Serve garnished with overlapping slices of olives.