Tuna Rice Salad
|Long grain rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), uncooked|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned tuna||9 3⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Thousand island dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, finley chopped|
1. Boil the rice in salted water for 12 to 15 minute until tender but not too soft.
2. Drain in a colander and allow standing in its steam to complete cooking.
3. Add peas to boiling salted water and boil until soft but not mushy.
4. Refresh in cold water and drain in a colander.
5. Mix peas with rice in a large bowl and keep aside until required.
6. Add tuna, pineapple, and celery to the rice and peas.
7. In another small bowl, combine and whisk Thousand Island salad dressing and sour cream, to a smooth consistency.
8. Stir in the chopped onion.
9. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss lightly using 2 large forks.
10. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator until well chilled.
11. Toss the salad before serving.
12. Spoon the salad onto a bed of lettuce leaves on individual salad plates.
13. You can also line a large salad bowl with crisp lettuce leaves and turn the salad into the bowl.