Pasta Nicoise Salad
|Farfalle||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|French beans||6 Ounce, topped and tailed (175 Gram)|
|Tuna steaks||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Baby plum tomatoes||4 Ounce, halved (115 Gram)|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , drained|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained (In Brine)|
|Pitted black olives||1 Ounce, drained (25 Gram)|
|Basil leaves||1 (For Garnish)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
1) Preheat the grill to medium.
2) Boil the pasta as per the package instuctions. Drain well and keep warm.
3) In a pan, boil the lightly salted water and cook the French beans for 5-6 minutes until just cooked. Drain well, mix into the pasta and keep warm.
4) Rinse and dry the tuna steaks on the kitchen paper. Season evenly with the black pepper.
5) Place the tuna steaks under the grill and cook for 4—5 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked.
6) Drain and flake the tuna into bite-sized pieces. Then toss into the pasta alongwith the tomatoes, anchovies, capers and olives. Keep warm.
7) In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn the dressing over the pasta mixture and mix gently.
8) Spoon into warm serving bowls, garnish with the fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.