Grilled Eggplant Tomato Salad
|Aged manchego cheese||4 Ounce, finely grated|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon||1 , zested|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sherry vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Keen's mustard powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Adagio baby eggplants||3 , sliced into discs|
|Virtuoso beefsteak tomatoes||4 , sliced into discs|
|Delicato butter lettuce leaves||4|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
1. Combine cheese with parsley, lemon and pepper, set aside and keep at room temperature.
2. In a small pot start simmering canola oil with 10 cloves of garlic over medium heat. After 12-15 minutes remove from heat and let cool, garlic should be golden brown and translucent. Strain and keep the oil. Place garlic cloves in a small dish at room temp or refrigerate if not using right away.
3. In a bowl whisk 2 cups garlic oil, with sherry vinegar and Keens mustard powder. Set aside.
4. Pre-heat and clean the grill, barbecue or griddle.
5. Slice the Adagio™ eggplant into discs approximately ½ inch think. Brush with remaining garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Grill until tender on both sides (approximately 3 minutes per side) over medium/high heat. Remove and let cool.
7. Slice Virtuoso™ tomatoes into discs, layer with Adagio™ eggplant.
8. Pour on garlic dressing, add garlic cloves and garnish with Manchego cheese/parsley mixture.
9. Serve with some Delicato™ butter lettuce or Romaine hearts and some crusty bread!
Calories 1182 Calories from Fat 1100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.3%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 110.6 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet